Sunday, August 15, 2010

The wonder of it all . . .

I am currently on vacation in Eureka, KS. Usually I am up for trying something new, especially on vacation. So last night, I loaded up the sail boat with my cousin Bryce and headed out across the lake. Let me reassure you from the start that we managed to stay upright and not capsize the boat. In the midst of 'tacking,' 'steering the rudder,' 'adding tension to the sail,' and 'making turnabouts,' the realization hit me once again, everyone of us needs that quiet space that we can spend time in to pray, meditate, reflect, and in general to relax and be still. Maybe for you it's the sail boat. For someone else it may be the mountains or a hiking trail. Wherever and whenever is not important. The important thing is that you go there. Turn off the sounds of this world and tune into the voice of Jesus and the wonder of His creation.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: