Monday, October 18, 2010

A Million Miles In A Thousand Years

I have recently finished reading Donald Miller's newest book; "A Million Miles In A Thousand Years." Let me just get it out of the way and state - this is a must read. This is the third writing of Miller's that I have read, and I have yet to be disappointed. Donald Miller writes with a level a candidness that few others do. The main take away for me from this book is; we are all living a story, which is a part of a grander story, let's make the stories of our lives worth reading. Don weaves the stories of his own life and the life of others through the truths of this book. In the end, I realized that I had laughed out loud, cried, and finished the book wanting to take a hike, feed a starving child, climb a mountain, or mentor a boy without a father. Today, I am committed more than ever before to writing the story of my life so that others will want to read it!

No comments: